- Work closely with clients and third-party design firms to ensure the finished product exceeds their expectations;
- Created an internal training wiki, maintain and upgrade the company’s WordPress based website, and offer support to junior developers;
- Hired as a UX Engineer, became a Certified Demandware Developer, earning a Senior Developer role.
As I grew, I became more involved in the inner workings of Demandware. I was soon given the choice to attend Demandware sponsored training, where I became a Certified Demandware Developer. This certification allowed me to earn a Senior Developer position and was assigned the Lead Frontend Developer role on a new store implementation.
In this role, I’ve worked closely with the client and the third-party design firm transforming the design comp HTML site into a “go-live” ready Demandware storefront. Site launch is scheduled for early 2013.
Additional tasks while employed with Precision have been to launch and support the company website, continue with the creation of the internal training wiki, and offer support to junior developers.
- Worked along side the Vice President of Operations to develop new strategies and techniques that were included in custom elearning solutions;
- Collaborated with Project Managers, Instructional Designs, and Graphic Artists to ensure that courses were created to scope, remained on budget and finished on time;
Decreased course development time by implementing the Mantis bug tracking system which shortened QA turn around time;
- Handled all internal and external support calls, including client LMS administration, as well as any additional tasks that may have arose.
From the success of the Captivate project, I was offered a full time Courseware Developer position. In this new role, I worked along side the Vice President of Operations developing new strategies and techniques to be included in the custom eLearning solutions SoftAssist created.
When it became time to relieve the Vice President of his developing duties, I was then promoted to Manager of Technical Services. The new position was responsible for each technical decision on each course that was deployed. I worked closely with the Project Manager, Instructional Designers and Graphic Artists to ensure that the courses were created to scope, remained on budget and finished on time. Along with the course work, I also handled all customer and company support, client LMS administration, as well as any additional tasks that may arise.
- Exposed to course taxonomy practices, metadata tagging of reusable resources, and curriculum structuring methodologies;
- Administered the internal LMS for a worldwide user base, including running reports tracking user progress and effectiveness of training;
- Collaborated with Graphic Designers to create Flash-based interactions to be included in employee and company partner training courses.
It was my first job out of graduate school and I was eager to continue my education. As a Courseware Developer, I learned a variety of learning tools that would give me a glimpse into eLearning course development. I was exposed to course taxonomy techniques, meta data tagging of resources, and curriculum structuring methodologies. Along with my daily development tasks, I also spent time administrating the internal LMS for a worldwide user base.